Friday, May 26, 2017

Birthday Fishes

"I want to be under the sea, in an Octopus' garden in the shade." This card is inspired by a Beatles song that my husband sings around the house ALL THE TIME.  :)
Octopus' Garden Birthday Fishes
I used the Sunsational Stamps super adorable digi set Ocean Critters 1 and 2 to make this shaker card.  I colored these cute little ocean critters with my alcohol markers.  For the background and frame I blended Mermaid Lagoon, Faded Jeans and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink onto watercolor paper and then spritzed it with water.  I let the water sit on it for about a minute before I pressed a paper towel onto the paper to dry.  I like the bubbly spots this technique leaves.
Close-up of Birthday Fishes
Inside of Birthday Fishes Card
I used a rectangle die to cut the center out, I adhered a piece of acetate to the backside of the frame and added foam tape around backside of frame.  I adhered the solid rectangle to the card base and added the shaker elements.  I colored very small versions of the starfish, shells and turtles to add as additional shaker elements along with the beads and sequins.  I placed the acetate layer on top, added the ocean critter on top of the acetate and the 'Fishing You' are from my Doodlebug Teeny Type stickers.
I stamped the inside with a Raisin Boat sentiment and added one more turtle, because he is my VERY favorite!
Please hop on over to my blog at Paper Canvas Creations, take a virtual stroll through Sunsational's Shop and Like us on Facebook, so you don't miss a thing!
Thanks for swimming by!  Eileen

4 comments: