Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Just Hatched

Today I'm sharing another card I made with Sunsational Stamps digital images.  I used the Eggstra Special Easter and the Eggstra Adorable collections from their April release.









I used the duck and nest from the first collection and the shell from the second collection to make this sliding pop-up card.




I've made sliding pop-up cards before, but this is the first time I made it in the horizontal or landscape orientation.  Making it this way allows for a wider image, and that's what I wanted for this l'il duck.
But I want to tell you a bit more about how I combined the various digis to make this image.  First, I imported all the images into my Silhouette.  Working with the duck first, I placed his feet where I wanted them, knowing I wanted them to peek over the top of the nest.

With the nest, I made two copies.  On one, I erased the top pieces as I wanted to place it in front of the duck.  The second nest, I placed behind the duck.

The final touch was to erase the bunny from under the egg shell and then placed the shell on the little duck's head.  Here's a closer look:




For the card, itself, I started by printing and cutting mats of digital patterned paper from the Adorableness Kit by Traci Reed.  I matched it to Melon Mambo, Summer Sun and Garden Green card stocks for the mats and card base.

On the reverse, a simple congratulations on the birth of a daughter.




The beauty of this 3D card is that it closes flat for mailing.  And here's a look at that:



I'll see you in two weeks with another card.  In the meantime, if you want to take a look at all the photo-polymer and digital stamps Sunsational Stamps, just click here
 


4 comments:

  1. I really love this! The font is really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this style one time, never did think to make it again. You are inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like the other version better...vertical or portrait...rather than this horizontal one, but I'm glad I tried it!

      Delete